APi loves to hear how happy our consumers are with their pool and spa products. Share your PEPPER® story with us for a chance to win a prize package. Entries will be accepted through the month of June with one winner to be selected at the end of the contest. If your entry is chosen, we will highlight your story on our social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube), as well as our website. As a token of our appreciation, you will receive a Chef Specialties Burnished Copper Pepper Mill and Salt Shaker gift set for your kitchen and a 2 lb bottle of PEPPER®.
To submit your PEPPER story, simply CLICK HERE.
ATTENTION SALT WATER POOL OWNERS! We are giving away an Omaha Steak Package valued at $234. To win, simply purchasePEPPER®, the perfect product for managing your salt water pools, from your local authorized dealer and you will be entered into our raffle! Make sure to purchase by May 31st!
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR THE DRAWING:
Bring this flyer into your Authorized Pool Retailer
Purchase any size PEPPER®
Your Authorized Retailer will Register you for the drawing of the Omaha Steak Package valued at $234
Winner will be announced on June 1, 2017 via email and Facebook
A valid phone number and email address must be submitted in order to be entered
*Your information will not be used for solicitation purposes, nor will it be sold for such purposes.
Proper pool care requires an equal amount of science and routine. The problem is that some people rely too much on one, but not the other. In order to keep your pool in perfect shape all summer long, you will want to balance the two and avoid these 5 key mistakes that people make in caring for their pools.
- Not brushing your pool: Most pool owners are pretty vigilant about vacuuming their pool, but vacuuming your pool is only half the battle. Pool brushing is crucial to reach hard to get to areas like corners and behind ladders. Proper brushing eliminates the possibility of things like algae creeping up in your pool.
- Not properly handling algae problems: Make sure you are dealing with algae issues properly. Don’t make the mistake of attempting to use your automatic pool cleaners to vacuum algae. Automatic cleaners will end up being counterproductive in the algae removal process because they will recycle the algae back through your pool. If you have to use a manual vacuum to remove algae, make sure your filter is set to waste so that the water doesn’t come back into the pool. While you will lose more water this way, it will ensure the algae is indeed leaving your pool.
- Not running your filter enough: Make sure you are running your filter for no less than 8 hours a day. This is a critical step to avoiding water problems within your pool. Avoid the tendency to skimp on the full 8 hours, or you will end up costing yourself more time, in the long run, having to fix the problem.
- Not testing the water regularly: Remember that we said routine and science are key ingredients to maintaining a beautiful pool. This mistake is the confluence of both of those keys. Ensure that you are testing your water on a weekly basis as part of your routine checkup on the scientific health of your pool.
- Adding chemicals at the wrong time of day: Whatever combination of chemicals you are using, make sure to follow the usage instructions on the packaging. Don’t be tempted to add chemicals at a time that fits best into your schedule if it isn’t what is recommended on the packaging.
If you avoid these 5 common mistakes in pool care, you will be well on your way to enjoying a beautiful, sparkling pool all summer long!
APi is proud to announce that we are sponsoring the 3rd Annual Live Like Jake 5k Walk/Run on May 13th, 2017. The Live Like Jake Foundation has a goal to bring awareness to drowning prevention through providing information and scholarships for infant swim rescue classes. Here at APi, we have a strong commitment to charitable giving, especially for a cause that hits so close to home, both geographically and topically.
Here at APi, we have a strong commitment to charitable giving, especially for a cause that hits so close to home, both geographically and topically. The APi family wants your pool to be a fun place for the whole family to enjoy, but safety must always come first. The Live Like Jake Foundation puts a spotlight on the importance of swim safety and drowning prevention by providing community awareness around the benefits of Infant Swim Rescue (ISR). ISR is an amazing resource for those with young children who are looking to teach their children the necessary skills to protect themselves around the water.
If you are interested in donating to the Live Like Jake Foundation, please click here. If you are interested in participating in the Live Like Jake Foundation 5k Walk/Run, please click here.