- Putting chlorinated shock in too soon after algaecide or stain & scale products lowers the effectiveness of all three products.
- Algae is less active in colder water, more active in warmer water. It is always better to close your pool later in the season rather than earlier. The earlier you close a pool the more likely the pool may open up with algae issues.
- Be mindful of Autumn warm weather. The longer an autumn heat wave goes, the more your pool will heat up and the more issues you will have during a spring opening.
- Open early, not late. A good rule of thumb is that if you can plant your garden your pool should be open. Besides, a clear beautiful pool is more aesthetically pleasing than a big ugly tarp. You paid for the pool, enjoy it longer.
- Non-Chlorine Shock is included in newer style Winterizing kits, it is not effective against algae but it is effective against bacteria. If your pool has algae in it, take care of it before you close, this will make your opening easier.
- There are new ‘long life’ algaecides available. These algaecides work better and longer for closing your pool, and they do not foam!
- There are multi-use products available now that have everything a traditional closing kit has but blended to last longer and work better also providing for an easier closing and opening, ask your local dealer about chemical alternatives to traditional closing kits rather than enduring the traditional opening issues again next year.
With so many challenges in maintaining commercial pools and spas, APi found the need to help revolutionize the commercial water care industry. Hence, the development of EZPRO Commercial Water Care. We have truly simplified the way to maintain commercial pool and spa water while providing the highest water and air quality ever seen in the commercial arena. All 5 EZPro products have received NSF 50/ANSI 50 certification. This technology is designed to remove TDS in pools and spas thru filtration while infusing the water with stabilized oxygen in order to provide the best water quality the industry has ever experienced. Our technology requires no conversion and is compatible with all commercial equipment systems. This oxygen based technology is ORP detectable and will allow up to a 25% reduction/savings in chlorine and acid usage.
Our goal when developing the EZPRO commercial water care program was to design a simple and cost-effective way to eliminate all of the issues associated with indoor and outdoor commercial pools and spas. We are looking for commercial water care management and service companies who want to become part of the newest revolution for cleaning up commercial water care in your community. If you are interested please reach out to APi HERE and we will be happy to forward you the 8 minute EZPRO Commercial Water Care video so you can learn more about joining our team of EZPRO Champions. Make 2017 be the best year of your career!