Start-up: New pool construction or renovation (unfilled pool)
Remove spray applicator and pour Revive!® into the deep end of the pool as filling begins (32oz per 24,000 gallons). As the water level rises, Revive!® will treat the pool surfaces and source water. When filling is complete, brush/vacuum any settled debris and begin regular water care program.
Clean Up: Phosphate build-up, severe algae, metals, or scaling (filled pool)
If algae is present, brush walls and shock pool prior to application (for best results, circulate for 60 minutes). Turn off pump/filter system. Attach a garden hose to Revive! bottle and spray entire contents over pool surface (5-7 minutes). Wait 24-48 hours for debris to settle to pool bottom then slowly vacuum to waste. After vacuuming, run filter for 24 hours.
TIPS: Highly contaminated pools typically require two or more bottles. Allow additional time for Revive! to work in cold water. Revive! cannot be overdosed – the more it’s used, the more contaminants are removed. Rarely, particles may collect on the surface – just spray with a garden hose to break them up.
Spraying REVIVE on green pool
Green to Blue Vacuuming Evolution Pool Service
Maintain: Routine problem-solving and preventative maintenance
With filtration system running, attach a garden hose to the Revive!® bottle and spray over the pool surface twice. Revive!® will work with the pool filtration system to remove clouding particles, phosphates, metals, and other debris. Reapply weekly for best results.
Proper pool care requires an equal amount of science and routine. The problem is that some people rely too much on one, but not the other. In order to keep your pool in perfect shape all summer long, you will want to balance the two and avoid these 5 key mistakes that people make in caring for their pools.
- Not brushing your pool: Most pool owners are pretty vigilant about vacuuming their pool, but vacuuming your pool is only half the battle. Pool brushing is crucial to reach hard to get to areas like corners and behind ladders. Proper brushing eliminates the possibility of things like algae creeping up in your pool.
- Not properly handling algae problems: Make sure you are dealing with algae issues properly. Don’t make the mistake of attempting to use your automatic pool cleaners to vacuum algae. Automatic cleaners will end up being counterproductive in the algae removal process because they will recycle the algae back through your pool. If you have to use a manual vacuum to remove algae, make sure your filter is set to waste so that the water doesn’t come back into the pool. While you will lose more water this way, it will ensure the algae is indeed leaving your pool.
- Not running your filter enough: Make sure you are running your filter for no less than 8 hours a day. This is a critical step to avoiding water problems within your pool. Avoid the tendency to skimp on the full 8 hours, or you will end up costing yourself more time, in the long run, having to fix the problem.
- Not testing the water regularly: Remember that we said routine and science are key ingredients to maintaining a beautiful pool. This mistake is the confluence of both of those keys. Ensure that you are testing your water on a weekly basis as part of your routine checkup on the scientific health of your pool.
- Adding chemicals at the wrong time of day: Whatever combination of chemicals you are using, make sure to follow the usage instructions on the packaging. Don’t be tempted to add chemicals at a time that fits best into your schedule if it isn’t what is recommended on the packaging.
If you avoid these 5 common mistakes in pool care, you will be well on your way to enjoying a beautiful, sparkling pool all summer long!
On May 12, the 4th Annual Live Like Jake 5k will kick off from Abacoa’s Town Center. For the second year in a row, APi has partnered with Live Like Jake to support their efforts for drowning prevention. This event offers both a walk and a run, as well as a fun run for kids and lots of family friendly activities throughout the day. Live Like Jake was founded by Keri & Roarke Morrison after the passing of their son Jake in November of 2013. Over the last 4 years, LLJ has worked to raise both money and awareness on drowning prevention. Live Like Jake encourages children to learn Infant Swim Resource (ISR) Self-Rescue and has provided scholarships assisting hundreds of children to take lessons in ISR. If you are interested in participating in the 4th Annual Live Like Jake 5k, click here. Don’t forget to stop by and say HI to our APi Team during the event!