Weekly Pool Care in a Bucket!™
Weekly Pool Care in a Bucket!™
E-Z POOL is a proprietary water care program that combines simplicity with incredible water quality in a once-a-week application. This specially blended, multi-tasking formula manages swimming pool water while eliminating the confusion of adding multiple chemicals every other day.
E-Z POOL is available in 5, 10 and 20 lb pails
Why is E-Z POOL the ultimate swimming pool water care program?
1 The stable oxidizer immediately breaks down contaminants in the water to increase sanitizer effectiveness – resulting in clean, clear water.
2 The algaecide formula becomes more effective, the longer E-Z POOL is used.
3 E-Z POOL inhibits scale build-up and metallic staining on pool surfaces and equipment.
4 E-Z POOL clarifies and conditions to provide sparkling clear water that is soft to swim in and does not leave a harsh chemical residue on hair, skin, or bathing suits.
5 The uniquely blended formula creates stable and balanced pool water effectively reducing the need for excessive testing and unnecessary chemical additions.
E-Z POOL contains stable oxidizer, algaecide, clarifier, scale inhibitor, water conditioner and balancers (pH, Total Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness) to keep swimming pool water clean, clear and trouble free. It provides a PROACTIVE water care program that PREVENTS problems instead of treating them on a REACTIVE basis after they occur. E-Z POOL is compatible with chlorine, salt, bromine, UV and ozone, as well as traditional balancers and maintenance chemicals.
- Convenient and easy to use — just once a week!
- Oxygen-enriched water promotes a pristine swimming environment
- Less chemicals, less testing and less hassle!
- No waiting to SWIM!
- E-Z POOL provides the easiest, cleanest, and most convenient solution to swimming pool water care.
*Limited to reimbursement to dealer for cost of chlorine shock only to eliminate algae in a residential swimming pool. Requires verification of the E-Z POOL Startup program and proper application/dosage of E-Z POOL with a documented water test from an authorized dealer (proper water balance, chlorine minimum 1.0 and phosphates under 250 ppm).
If you’re tired of the ABCs of pool care,
now it’s as E-Z as 1… 2… 3!
Take a water sample to your Authorized Dealer for testing. Treat pool water with Revive! (32 oz. up to 24,000 gallons) to remove phosphates, metals, debris and to activate the No Algae Guaranteed.
NOTE: If algae is present, brush from walls, then shock with chlorine. Wait 24 hours, then proceed.
Once debris completely settles (typically 24 hours), vacuum pool bottom, thoroughly clean pool filter, then balance pool water as follows:
Calcium Hardness: 350 ppm
pH: 7.2 – 7.6
Total Alkalinity: 80-120 ppm
Note: For portable “POP-UP” pools (less than 3,000 gallons), add one scoop of E-Z Pool in front of the return jet and adjust sanitizer level in accordance with product directions by placing 1″ tablets in the middle of the cartridge filter.
Weekly: REPEAT E-Z DAY… Just once a week!
Note: For portable “POP-UP” pools (less than 3,000 gallons), be sure to rinse the cartridge filter each time you add 1″ tabs.
Monthly: Take a water sample to your Authorized Dealer for testing.
Dosage With Chlorine Tabs
What is E-Z POOL?
E-Z POOL is a proprietary, multi-function granular compound that simplifies swimming pool water care. It combines an algaecide, stable oxidizer, clarifier, scale inhibitor, and balancing agents – all in ONE product! The convenient, once a week application takes only minutes to keep your swimming pool water clean, clear and trouble-free. E-Z POOL is compatible with salt, chlorine, bromine, ozone and UV systems. Simple pool water care… just once-a-week!
How does E-Z POOL work?
E-Z POOL is simple to use. Immediately after adding to the pool, the fast-dissolving formula starts to work by oxidizing contaminants, preventing algae, conditioning and clarifying, inhibiting scale and maintaining overall water balance. E-Z POOL effectively manages pH, total alkalinity and calcium hardness with just a once-a-week application. Because E-Z POOL keeps the water clean, clear and balanced, your sanitizer is more efficient and you use fewer chemicals!
Note: E-Z POOL is not compatible with biguanide pools. Use FLIP OUT™ to convert to a halogen-based sanitizer (chlorine or bromine) and thoroughly clean or replace filter.
Why is E-Z POOL better than other products?
Simply stated. . . there is no comparison! Traditional water maintenance programs require a multitude of chemicals and frequent testing in an attempt to achieve balance and clarity. These programs are based on reactive science: wait until you have a problem, attempt to diagnose with complicated testing, and then treat by adding a multitude of chemicals that might fix the problem. E-Z POOL works on PROACTIVE science: you actually prevent water problems (algae, organic contaminants, pH imbalance, scale) rather than adding more chemicals to treat them after they occur.
Where can I get E-Z POOL?
E-Z POOL is available exclusively from swimming pool and spa professional retailers. CLICK HERE for more information.
What caused my pool water to tint green?
If the pool is free of algae, the green tint indicates that something is slightly out of balance or there is a presence of a high level of phosphates that can also lead to redundant algae problems. Typically the bleaching effect of chlorine compensates for an out of balance condition, keeping water blue in spite of possible problems. Since one of the benefits of E-Z POOL is that it does not contain bleach, the following is a list of things to check when troubleshooting a pool with green tint:
1. Check the filter. A clean filter is always the first step in correcting a problem with E-Z POOL.
2. Test sanitizer level. If the pool is lacking sanitizer, there may be a tendency for the water to get a green hue. If the sanitizer is too low, the pool may take on a flat look and then turn a light green tint. When experiencing a green tint from low sanitizer level, try increasing the sanitizer level to at least 3.0 ppm with the addition of a dichlor shock.
3. Test for phosphates. A high phosphate level is often the cause of stubborn green tint in E-Z POOL water. Use Revive! to resolve this problem quickly and effectively.
4. The level of calcium contributes to the “body” of the water. If the pool water lacks body, it may not effectively reflect the UV rays of sunlight to produce the blue tint most commonly associated with swimming pools. Here again, if the green tint is due to chemical imbalance and sufficient oxidizer is present, the calcium level may be too low.
Calcium level should be adjusted to 350 ppm. Always adjust balance before dosing with E-Z POOL and allow water to reach new calcium balance prior to E-Z POOL application.
5. Test copper level. Excessive copper levels may contribute to a green hue or tint. Check the copper level and if it exceeds 0.8 ppm, treat with Revive! to reduce.
6. Test pH and total alkalinity. If pH is high or low relative to calcium, and total alkalinity is too low relative to pH and calcium, this could result in a green tint. Adjust to recommended levels.
What caused my pool water to cloud?
This is typically attributed to poor filtration since E-Z POOL contains a clarifier. If your “E-Z” pool is cloudy, perform the following steps:
1. Check the filter. The filter media should be cleaned, backwashed or replaced. Run the filter continuously when troubleshooting for cloudy water. Frequent filter clearing helps clean the water faster.
2. Check the pump timer. The pump should be circulating a minimum of 12 hours per day during the swim season or 6 hours per day during the off-season.
3. Test sanitizer level. If the sanitizer level is too low (below 1.0 ppm), there is not sufficient chemical available to oxidize the matter that is suspended in the pool. Adjust as needed.
4. Test water balance. If the pH, total alkalinity or calcium levels are out or range, cloudiness may occur. If needed, adjust prior to applying E-Z POOL.
What caused brown staining in my pool and why does ascorbic acid only remove it temporarily?
The brown staining in your pool is caused by oxidized iron, which is probably getting in your pool from the well. The oxidizer in E- Z POOL shocks out more contaminants than regular chlorine shock. Sometimes, especially pools filled with well water, this can cause an issue that was previously unknown while on chlorine because it is not as versatile as the E-Z POOL. In most cases, the problem can be fixed rather easily.
When you used ascorbic acid before, it was the right thing to do, unfortunately you weren’t told that the job was only half done. Ascorbic acid removes the stain rather easily BUT once the stain is removed, the molecules that formed the stain are still in the pool water. They have just been dissolved. Unfortunately sand filters only filter out particles that are 20-25 microns and larger, oxidized iron is in the 2-4 micron range. So, your filtration system needs help removing the particles that caused the stain out of the pool water. The fastest and easiest way to do this would be to:
1. Treat your pool with ascorbic acid. You shouldn’t need more than a pound. It should work within an hour or two. Once it has been circulated throughout the system.
2. Once the brown stain has been lifted, turn off the pool pump.
3. Spray 16oz of Revive! (removes the iron particles by dropping them out of solution and in to a sediment on the bottom of the pool so you can vacuum it to waste, removing it for good) over the top of the pool.
4. Leave the pool off for at least 24 hours.
5. Vacuum the debris out of the bottom of the pool while your sand filter valve is on waste.
6. Follow the weekly directions for the E-Z POOL® that your local store has given you.
You should also have a bottle of Revive! at the house for whenever you fill up your pool due to evaporation or splash out. Simply attach the Revive to the end of your fill hose and spray the product over the top of your pool water, covering the pool twice. Revive! will capture the particles from your well water that shouldn’t be in your pool water and send them to your filter so you don’t have to repeat this procedure.
How do I treat algae?
- Balance water
- Treat algae with chlorinated shock product at a rate of 4# granular or 4 gallons liquid per 10k gallons of pool water and/or algaecide
- Following “problem solving” label instructions on the bottle, after algae has dissipated, turn off the circulation system, spray 64oz Revive! ® START UP/CLEAN UP per 24k gallons of pool water over pool surface, depending on the severity of the initial algae issue, keep pool pump turned off for 24-48 hours
- As time passes, debris will form on the floor of the pool as the pool water gradually clears, once the water is clear, vacuum the debris through the waste portal on the valve of the sand or DE filter
- For cartridge filter pools, vacuum the debris to the filter then clean the cartridge element
- Resume normal pool maintenance program or begin the E-Z POOL® or PEPPER® program
How much E-Z POOL do I use?
Follow Dosage chart on back of pail. Scoop measures 1/2 lb of E-Z POOL to fill line.
Do I need to use chlorine in an E-Z POOL?
Yes! Follow the guidelines set forth by the manufacturer for dosage requirements.
Can E-Z POOL ® be used in covered pools?
Yes! E-Z POOL eliminates corrosive chloramines (the ‘chlorine smell’ associated with pools) that build up between the pool surface and a closed cover. This build up is damaging to pool liners, covers, and equipment.
Do I still need to use algaecide?
No! E-Z POOL contains a maintenance dose of long-life algaecide, which precludes the need for normal weekly dosages.
What’s the shelf life of E-Z POOL?
With proper storage, as noted on product label, E-Z POOL has a 24 month shelf life.
Why is my E-Z POOL hard?
The biggest culprit for hardened product is moisture, whether that be from a wet scoop being put back in the bucket, an ill seated lid o-ring, or even condensation, moisture tends to make the once loose granules meld together.
Do I still need to shock my pool?
Once your pool is balanced and on the E-Z POOL program, No! E-Z POOL contains a very effective oxidizer which precludes the need for typical shocking.
What are the proper water balance parameters for my pool?
pH 7.2-7.6 TA 80-120ppm CH 250-400ppm, CA 30-80ppm, FC 1.5-3.0ppm, TC 1.5-3.0ppm
Why is E-Z POOL so expensive?
E-Z POOL replaces algaecide, clarifier, pH Control, Calcium, stain & scale, shock, and alkalinity. When you consider the cost to maintain a pool including purchasing chemicals for pool problems the overall cost to maintain a pool with E-Z POOL is comparable in price. E-Z POOL also offers a No Algae Guaranteed!® (see page 9) and a no wait time to swim.
How does the No Algae Guaranteed!®?
In the unlikely event a pool using E-Z Pool and Revive! gets algae, APi will cover 100% of the cost of chemicals necessary to eliminate it! Simply start each season with a dosage of Revive! (See bottle for dosage amounts) and follow the usage instructions for E-Z POOL (see label). In the low probability that the pool has an algae outbreak and the calcium level is above 350ppm, your local dealer will provide the necessary chlorine-based shock products at no charge to fix the issue. Once the algae has been eliminated, retreat the pool with Revive! and the No Algae Guaranteed! ® begins again. *Limited to reimbursement to dealer for the cost of chlorine shock only to eliminate algae in a residential swimming pool. Requires verification of the E-Z POOL startup program and proper application/dosage of E-Z Pool with a documented water test from an authorized dealer (proper water balance, chlorine minimum 10 and phosphates under 2521ppm).
“Just wanted to drop a quick note…we made the one hour trip on Saturday to purchase E-Z POOL, and I’m happy to say it was well worth it…I have beautiful, clear water once again…and got the E-Z POOL for a great price!!”
– AnnMarie, New York
“We spent hundreds of dollars that summer buying chemical after chemical trying to fix our bacquacil problem. We closed the pool that winter and then turned to Caryl’s Pool Shop for help. After some much needed maintenance, we switched to E-Z POOL and our water has been absolutely beautiful ever since. Crystal Clear, perfectly balanced and when they say E-Z, they mean it! All we add is 2 1/2 scoops of E-Z POOL each week and one chlorine tab and that’s it! We have only spent 1/3 of what we spent the past 2 years and can now actually enjoy the water instead of worrying about it, Thanks!”
– Daine & Randy, Randleman, NC
“This will be my third summer with E-Z POOL and the first two seasons we were algae free — not like shock. I’m hooked on E-Z POOL! Thank you!”
– George F., Mississippi
“Easy, simple, worry free…these all describe how my pool maintenance has been since I started using EZ POOL! I have a big pool and it is not a big job with E-Z POOL just once a week. Once the pool is open and clear in the spring, I just have Caryl’s experts test my pool sample once a week to make sure the balancing chemicals and pH are good. Algaecides are not needed. Brush, brush, brush, as Caryl recommends and my pool is beautiful all summer! Also, it is gentle to the skin and does not effect your hair color. I highly recommend E-Z POOL!”
– Trish, Greensboro, NC
“I just recently converted our 17,500 gallon heated pool pver to E-Z POOL and so far the results are great! I have never seen pool water so clear.”
– Scott, Norkfolk, VA
I have had a pool since 1993, so I know the basics, but I am new to E-Z POOL. Couldn’t believe how SIMPLE! I use E-Z POOL once a week and put one 3″ chlorine puck in my skimmer once a week. So far …. I LOVE IT! Thank you!”
– Helen A., Misourri
“I once had a pool with chlorine. It would make a cut, color and perm turn green. Off to Caryl’s store I went. Week after week, more money was spent. One Saturday with a water test in hand, off to her store, chlorine was still the plan. Brian she said this is cool, we have a new product it’s called E-Z POOL. You treat your pool only once a week, here is the coupon, it will be a treat. I tried E-Z POOL with one chlorine tab, I have to say, “This stuff is FAB!” I am now a believer that less pool work is fine, one treatment a week works out just fine. The water is clear and the beer is cold, as an E-Z POOL customer, YES I AM SOLD!”
– Brian, Greensboro, NC
E-Z POOL simplifies seasonal pool closings / winterizing for
TRADITIONAL CHLORINE, BROMINE, SALT WATER, or E-Z POOL treated pools in one E-Z application.
No pre-treating or balancing needed — just add E-Z POOL to oxidize contaminants and protect from algae through the winter season. Spring openings are faster, water is clearer, and you can swim sooner with E-Z POOL winterizing.
- It’s fast and simple – just add 1lb (2 scoops) per 5k gallons of E-Z Pool and circulate the pump for at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
5-lb Pail Treats 20,000 Gallons
E-Z POOL is an E.P.A. registered product for swimming pool water care.